Careers at The Melting Pot
The Melting Pot is the nation's largest fondue restaurant franchise, and this unique, casual dining restaurant is now hiring energized team members who are ready to serve memories that last a lifetime.
At The Melting Pot, fondue truly becomes a memorable dining experience where guests can dip into something different – and discover all the ingredients to a relaxed atmosphere, private tables, attentive service, fine wines and signature fondue dinners.
Are you ready for a change – are you excited about working in a one-of-a-kind, dining atmosphere? The Melting Pot is a restaurant that offers great pay, flexible schedules and a cool and comfortable working environment.
Come discover what makes The Melting Pot a unique dining experience… and an exceptional work environment.
Servers are responsible for providing the Perfect Night Out to every guest, at every table. He/she must be a positive, consistent hospitality-oriented role model to other staff and guests. Servers at The Melting Pot are the backbone of the restaurant, and we depend on these individuals for many important aspects; most (but not all) of which are outlined below. Employees of the Whippany Melting Pot also enjoy a quality work environment that is fast-paced but also fun-filled. We know from decades of experience that Happy Team Members who have fun in the workplace are not only more fulfilled in their endeavors, they also work more efficiently and provide a higher level of service to our valued guests - which in turn produces higher potential earnings for everyone! Management also strives week-in and week-out to provide flexible work schedules for all those we employ. While it certainly helps to have an open availability 7 days a week, we know that some of our employees attend classes, have families/kids to attend to, and sometimes circumstances arise that are out of your control. We work with you to accommodate any potential conflicts whenever possible. And of course all employees are afforded a discount when dining here; 50% off for themselves and a guest. Interested in joining our team? We look forward to reviewing your application today!
- Promote and maintain positive guest relations.
- Adhere to and maintain company policies and standards.
- Suggestively sell wine and food products.
- Follow all service sequences. Serve products according to standards and procedures, including delivering the Perfect Night Out® which may include recognition and celebration of birthdays, anniversaries, graduations, holidays and other special occasions.
- Establish professional, hospitable rapport with each guest you serve.
- Comply with local alcoholic beverage laws.
- Comply with appearance and grooming standards.
- Account for every product served.
- Be aware of the cost of supplies and proper handling procedures.
- Always exceed guests expectations, making their evening extra special.
- Perform opening, running, and closing sidework assignments.
- Always perform as a team member. Abide by “the entire floor is your station” rule.
- Attend and participate in on-going training sessions. Read shift notes and attend shift meetings.
We are hiring kitchen help. Kitchen prep experience is preferred. Will be responsible for prep, line and dishwashing. Speaking and reading English prefered. Good communication skills are required with great work ethic and a positive attitude.
Job Type: Full-time
Local candidates only:
- Whippany, NJ
The Melting Pot in Whippany is looking for great personalities to host in our restaurant. A professional image and an outgoing positive attitude are a must. Restaurant or retail experience is a plus. We offer a flexible schedule of evenings, nights and weekends and a great pay package of hourly wages, tips and commission.
Job Type: Part-time
If you need assistance in completing the application below, please contact a member of our management team. Applicants should be extremely careful as they complete this application.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, veteran status, disability, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. In accordance with Americans with Disabilities Act, it is our policy to provide reasonable accommodation upon request during the application process to eligible applicants in order that they may be given a full and fair opportunity to be considered for employment.